Dentures Clovis | Fresno, CA
A denture or a complete denture as it is often called, is an appliance that is inserted in the mouth, replaces natural teeth and provides support for the cheeks and lips.
Please call (559) 298-2575 to make an appointment to discuss your denture options with Dr. Sweet. We look forward to meeting you and serving all of your dental needs.
Most dentures are made of acrylic and can be fabricated two different ways. Flexible partials are a new material that eliminates the metal. Valplast and Flexite are examples. Claps are invisible, and patients love the comfort. At Daniel Sweet, DDS, we use premium teeth and precision techniques:
- A conventional denture is made after all teeth have been extracted and the tissues (gums) have healed.
- An immediate denture is fabricated and inserted immediately after the teeth are extracted and the tissues are allowed to heal under the denture.
- An upper denture has acrylic, usually flesh colored, that covers the palate (roof of the mouth).
- A lower denture is shaped like a horseshoe to leave room for the tongue.
The teeth are made of plastic, porcelain or a combination thereof. Dentures can be fabricated to fit over endodonticly treated teeth and a complete denture can be attached to dental implants to allow for a more secure fit of the appliance.
Dentures over a normal course of time will wear and need to be replaced or relined in order to keep the jaw alignment normal. The alignment will slowly change as the bone and gum ridges recede or shrink due to the extraction of the teeth. Regular dentist examinations are still important for the denture wearer so that the oral tissues can be checked for disease or change.
Ready to Schedule Your Consultation with Dr. Sweet?
- Schedule An Appointment Online
- What to Expect at Your First Visit
- New Patient Registration Forms
- Insurance Information & Payment Options
- Get Directions to Our Office
Call Clovis Office Phone Number (559) 298-2575 today with any questions or to schedule your consultation with Dr. Sweet!